Download our Brochure today! >
We believe customers want to invest in “The Right” solutions for their companies. At Tallega Software, we believe “The Right” solution should have the following attributes:
A balanced combination of process alteration and technology to achieve clearly defined business and operational goals.
- Sometimes, a simple change to a business process can deliver stellar results. There are also those business operations that derive tremendous improvements with specific technology that is implemented the right way. Have your ever seen great technology implemented the wrong way? We have and it’s not pretty.
- Of course, the only way to know if you’re successful is to clearly define the business and operational goals you want to achieve before the project begins. Projects that start without clearly defined goals often come in late and over budget. We know how to help you develop realistic goals so your project comes in on time and on budget.
The proper type and amount of software and hardware that aligns with functional and operational specifications.
- With so many choices of hardware and software products available today, it is very hard to choose what is right for your particular project. You may even hear vendors say, “After all, it’s only software; we can develop whatever you need.” That’s true. With enough time and money, you can get whatever you want. We would ask that you remember the saying, “Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.”
- Some customers try to solve this by sending out a RFP (request for proposal), which they believe will help them find the right technology (and vendor) for them. The problem is, the vendors get so wrapped around the axle competing with each other that they really lose sight of the real reasons for the project. Or worse, they don’t respond to the RFP, because going through the RFP response process is very expensive and time consuming and if they didn’t help write the specifications in the RFP, their chances of winning are generally small.
A solution that is in line with your technology infrastructure specifications, operational polices and value expectations.
- Have you ever tried to implement technology that you knew would help your business unit, but IT would not approve it? Or maybe, IT found just the product you need to improve productivity in your unit, but your users could never figure out how to use it? We thought so.
- What we know is that for a content management solution to be successful, users have to use it. You don’t need us to tell you that, but finding a solution that; 1. End users readily adopt and become more productive. 2. Is supported by IT and, 3. Delivers ROI (measurable value), should be the basis of a successful solution. The best way to get that is to work with someone that is experienced in multiple technologies and is not driven by the success of one product, but is driven by the customer’s short-term success, which will lead to a long-term relationship.
A partner with the experience and accountability that you can call on to be your “trusted advisor”.
- We believe this says it all. Tallega Software was not established to be a product and services provider. The products and services we offer are the tools of our trade and we are very good at knowing which tools to use for each given business situation. Every employee at Tallega Software is focused on earning the trust of every customer, by being experts in our craft and being accountable for the work we are hired to do.
- The real mission for Tallega Software is to know that when a customer needs help, they simply look to their phone and push the button that says “Trusted Advisor” - Tallega Software. That’s when we’ll know that we’re just getting started.
At Tallega Software, we assist our clients to define requirements, choose, purchase, implement and support “the right” information capture solution for their current environment. We sell, implement and support the world’s leading information capture solutions from Kofax and Captiva, along with our own line of capture products.
The fact is, not nearly enough emphasis is placed on the proper selection, definition and implementation of “the right” information capture solution. Many enterprise content management vendors, or systems integrators, will put much more focus on the repository and retrieval services of their solutions. Unfortunately, the customer finds out later that they are having serious issues with getting the proper information into the repository, which creates havoc for the business users trying to retrieve the proper information to do their jobs. In essence, you just made a flawed process happen faster – not good.
Industry experts tell us that on average only 20% of the total cost of a content management project is invested in the capture solution, yet 80% of the on-going operational costs are associated with the information capture component of the solution. Maybe it’s time to rethink how your content management solution is defined and implemented. Let us help you.
Information capture can mean different things to different people. At Tallega Software, here is how we define information capture;
"Identifying specific forms of content (structured and unstructured) that make up components of an operational lifecycle, then transforming that content into useful information."
Notice there are no promises of “operational efficiencies”, or “automated processes”, or “lower total cost of ownership”. This is simply a definition of one component of a content management solution. The other phrases (clichéd promises) are goals of a properly deployed content management solution.
When it comes to deploying an information capture solution, there is much more to it than simply choosing the right product. Before we can define what type of software to deploy, we must first define “why” we are changing the business operation and how this change will affect other parts of the organization. Is integration with a line-of-business application necessary? If so, what will be gained – or lost? You see, it is much more than simply installing the CD in a drive and clicking on Install.
Our goal at Tallega Software is to use our 35 years of combined expertise in the content management field to help our customers get the very most out of the technology solutions they purchase and deploy.
What if there were ways to automatically enhance and read documents as they were being scanned, know what type of document it is, accurately pull data from the document and populate another application, or verify a transaction? Well, that’s “Transformation” and the technology does exist and it is outstanding. Deployed properly, this technology can significantly improve productivity and lower your on-going cost of operations. We know what works and what doesn’t. Let us show you how.
It is safe to say that many of today’s content management solutions are implemented as “scan to archive” solutions. This means that solutions are implemented to simply “scan” documents, index those documents with very basic information (i.e., date, document type, and a unique identifier), then simply sent to a repository for archive and retrieval purposes. Another term for this type of solution is an “electronic filing cabinet.”
Let Tallega show you how.
Many every-day business processes in your organization are not part of the core business, e.g., payables, applications, new hires, terminations, etc. Sometimes these manual processes can spiral out of control. You’ll find people making copies of copies and two (or more) people working on the exact same task. Sometimes technology can help and other times a simple process change can make all the difference. We can help you decide what works best for your business.
Tallega Software will perform a thorough evaluation of your business processes and provide an objective assessment about how the right combination of technology and process change can lower your operating costs and improve productivity.
When it comes to managing the control of your business information, we don’t have to tell you how important it is to keep the right information and “properly” eliminate information that is no longer required to keep.
Well, it’s not as easy as it used to be. Regulatory compliance is very real and can be very trying, not to mention expensive. Different industries have different requirements; some more complex than others.
At Tallega Software, we can help you develop the right strategy for your business. The truth is no one company has total expertise about every industry and it’s related compliance regulations, but we have experience with several applications and if we don’t have the expertise for your industry, we know where to find it and we will stay with you to make sure your project is always under control.